ADVERTISEMENT

This...more of this

tenor.gif

I have definitely heard the argument that President Obama being elected twice and Vice President Kamala Harris being part of the winning ticket and The Democratic Party record being 3-0 when a black person is on the ticket how can this country be racist. Nothing is unilateral...when most refer to systemic racism they are discussing things such as:

Prison Population

-In 2018, Black Americans represented 33% of the sentenced prison population, nearly triple their 12% share of the U.S. adult population.

Drug Offenses

-Nearly 80% of people in federal prison and almost 60% of people in state prison for drug offenses are Black or Latino. Even though Whites use drugs at an equal rate to both Blacks & Latinos

-Whites accounted for 30% of prisoners, about half their 63% share of the adult population.

Salary/Wages

-Black men made a median annual salary of $42,120, which is only 73.1% of what White men earned ($57,616).

Police Interactions

Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

This is all factual objective statistical information.
yeah but it's all given with no context so therefore it's useless.

Reactions: Chauvinist Pig
Seems like a couple posters hate this video being seen and trying to bait people into an argument that gets it shut down. @HTHog dont fall for it. @DuckTalesLOL just get rid of the race baiters and not the thread.
This board is all about different options. Why would you want to cancel those you disagree with?

yeah but it's all given with no context so therefore it's useless.
No not useless it starts a dialog centered around something objective.

Now it's only useless if one group presents something and the other shuts it down as useless...then you're right it is useless. Because the message I would receive is that my one & only choice is to assimilate and to think like and agree with you...and that sir is not going to work.

Perhaps MLK would be a Republican today......if he weren't assassinated for his beliefs that all men should be treated equally.
B
Perhaps MLK would be a Republican today......if he weren't assassinated for his beliefs that all men should be treated equally.
a Democrat killed him and he most definitely would be a republican .. his daughter has been adamant about the fact that her father would be happy with the way this country was headed before Obama and now Biden.. she said he wouldn’t support blm or the kneeling and protest against the flag ..

B

a Democrat killed him and he most definitely would be a republican .. his daughter has been adamant about the fact that her father would be happy with the way this country was headed before Obama and now Biden.. she said he wouldn’t support blm or the kneeling and protest against the flag ..
His family believes that James Earl Ray was framed.....they are still adamantly saying that to this day. What democrat are you speaking of? MLK could speak for himself if he wasnt assassinated. It is amazing to see people prop MLK up as a beacon nowadays when he had an almost 75% public disapproval rating while living.

It is amazing to see people prop MLK up as a beacon nowadays when he had an almost 75% public disapproval rating while living.
We weren't alive then though. So there's that. You always want to compare today to back in the 60's. If you really think everyone today thinks just like they did back then, you are the problem. To completely ignore the progress that has been made is a slap in the face to those who fought for that progress.

His family believes that James Earl Ray was framed.....they are still adamantly saying that to this day. What democrat are you speaking of? MLK could speak for himself if he wasnt assassinated. It is amazing to see people prop MLK up as a beacon nowadays when he had an almost 75% public disapproval rating while living.
I didn’t say his family agreed with James as the killer but his daughter flat out said they believed it was the Democratic Party /kkk who was behind it

Actually you're correct, I didn't defend it well. You did it for me. CRT, everything is inherently racist. Including myself for rooting for an African American who just won gold.

In your eyes, I was using her as any white male would use a black person to benefit themselves.

But keep up that CRT training, it'll take you places. There's a bunch of money out for being a race baiter, just ask the leader of BLM with her 3 new 2+million dollar N. Cal houses.
Frauds exist in all movements it doesn’t make the premise invalid. I don’t know the facts. Link?

Reactions: MR_ARKANSAS
No not useless it starts a dialog centered around something objective.

Now it's only useless if one group presents something and the other shuts it down as useless...then you're right it is useless. Because the message I would receive is that my one & only choice is to assimilate and to think like and agree with you...and that sir is not going to work.
hahaha man if that's the message you receive you have issues with your antenna. Just because someone says your data doesn't have context does not mean you have to "fall in line" with their line of thinking. That's taking things from A to Z really fast. It just means your data doesn't have context. Simple as that. Don't turn it into something more than it is, that makes you a conspiracy theorist. Not every comment has a hidden meaning. Some are just simple straight forward comments that mean exactly what they say.

Raw numbers alone mean noting without accompanying context. That goes for any numbers you want to throw out there. Football, baseball, prisoners, you name it. Raw numbers without context mean nada. Zip. Zilch.

Baseball player hit 4 home runs. Ok that's great if he did it in 4 games, not so great if he did it in 104 games.

You need context.

Last edited:
We weren't alive then though. So there's that. You always want to compare today to back in the 60's. If you really think everyone today thinks just like they did back then, you are the problem. To completely ignore the progress that has been made is a slap in the face to those who fought for that progress.
Saying I always compare life to the 60s is a bold-faced lie. Also, I have never once said there hasn't been progress. There is a crap ton of progress that still needs to be made. Acting like we have made it because of things like Obama being elected is pure comedy. Why quote someone and just make stuff up?

I didn’t say his family agreed with James as the killer but his daughter flat out said they believed it was the Democratic Party /kkk who was behind it
Are you implying that Democrats can't be racist? Which is wildly weird to imply. If you aren't implying that, I don't get what politic affiliation has to do with anything. Did they use democratic bullets also?

Ideas pass the test of time. Popularity seldom does.

Saying I always compare life to the 60s is a bold-faced lie. Also, I have never once said there hasn't been progress. There is a crap ton of progress that still needs to be made. Acting like we have made it because of things like Obama being elected is pure comedy. Why quote someone and just make stuff up?
saying that people prop MLK up today and everyone hated him back in the day is comparing today to back then.

You always take things said by others so literally ("Saying I always compare life to the 60s is a bold-faced lie") while allowing yourself a lot of room for hyperbole ("Acting like we have made it because of things like Obama being elected is pure comedy" Which NO ONE has said) is the type of hypocrisy that I have become to expect from you.

Last edited:
Reactions: GiveEmtheTusk
Ideas pass the test of time. Popularity seldom does.
Fair statement.
saying that people prop MLK up today and everyone hated him back in the day is comparing today to back then.

You always take things said by others so literally ("Saying I always compare life to the 60s is a bold-faced lie") while allowing yourself a lot of room for hyperbole ("Acting like we have made it because of things like Obama being elected is pure comedy" Which NO ONE has said) is the type of hypocrisy that I have become used to expect from you.
How does one mention of certain blue hairs who have a newfound and convenient love for MLK equate to me always comparing things to the 60s? Also, before you say that no one said something.....you should read the rest of the thread. Yes I prefer to take things literally. Say what you mean and mean what you say. If you don't mean "always" don't
say always. Stop speaking in absolutes and you don't have to defend them. When I'm wrong I'm wrong but I am consistent.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lefty8
Im happy to know that Obama being elected cured the US of racism.....or did it? There were plenty or people who voted against Obama for one reason.
He had the most votes ever at the time. So it seems to me that some people reach for racism to just gain more. It’s a card and it’s been over played.

I have definitely heard the argument that President Obama being elected twice and Vice President Kamala Harris being part of the winning ticket and The Democratic Party record being 3-0 when a black person is on the ticket how can this country be racist. Nothing is unilateral...when most refer to systemic racism they are discussing things such as:

Prison Population

-In 2018, Black Americans represented 33% of the sentenced prison population, nearly triple their 12% share of the U.S. adult population.

Drug Offenses

-Nearly 80% of people in federal prison and almost 60% of people in state prison for drug offenses are Black or Latino. Even though Whites use drugs at an equal rate to both Blacks & Latinos

-Whites accounted for 30% of prisoners, about half their 63% share of the adult population.

Salary/Wages

-Black men made a median annual salary of $42,120, which is only 73.1% of what White men earned ($57,616).

Police Interactions

Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

So the votes for President and VP are disregarded to racist people? They just stop being racist during the elections?

hahaha man if that's the message you receive you have issues with your antenna. Just because someone says your data doesn't have context does not mean you have to "fall in line" with their line of thinking. That's taking things from A to Z really fast. It just means your data doesn't have context. Simple as that. Don't turn it into something more than it is, that makes you a conspiracy theorist. Not every comment has a hidden meaning. Some are just simple straight forward comments that mean exactly what they say.

Raw numbers alone mean noting without accompanying context. That goes for any numbers you want to throw out there. Football, baseball, prisoners, you name it. Raw numbers without context mean nada. Zip. Zilch.

Baseball player hit 4 home runs. Ok that's great if he did it in 4 games, not so great if he did it in 104 games.

You need context.
I feel you...not enough room...or really the place to provide all of the context necessarry...but I feel you

Speak for yourself some of us were indeed alive...young toddler but definitely alive :cool:

Reactions: NMHOGG
NPA=No Party Affiliation Communist...I guess that's your slick way of questioning my patriotism...How about this...One day I will let you polish my Purple Heart & Bronze Star for Valor...
Stop taking yourself so seriously, it was a joke. Not one time has anyone here disrespected your service, and it sure as hell aint coming from me

I have no idea and will not spend an ounce of energy thinking about trying to respond to questions there is no way to ascertain answers to.
There is answers to those questions. If someone is racist they don’t turn it off for the elections. The majority of the country voted these people into office. Which by that math then the racism in this country isn’t as bad as some want to make it out to be for their own gain.

Your response is quite telling...says a lot

So the first thing you see was the color of the man's skin?

Why is it that the groups marching for equally are the first to individualize and divide into groups?

If every man and woman are truly equal, which I believe. Is there a need for division other than to gain power and money?

Prison Population

Drug Offenses

Salary/Wages

Police Interactions

Thanks for posting concrete numbers for discussion purposes. The only way to really get to solutions for any problem is to move beyond the emotions and analyze hard data and the reasons behind it.

Prison Population

Isn't it possible that this has to do more with the fact that Black Americans are more likely to live in poverty than whites? That doesn't disprove any theories of race being a factor, but it doesn't prove a racial bias in the prison system itself. Poor whites receive similar treatment to poor Blacks from the police...profiling, more violent treatment, etc.

Drug Offenses

How many of those drug offenses are possession related versus "intent to deliver"? Lumping all drug charges in together can cloud the issue. Note that I'm not disputing that a Black man is more likely to be incarcerated over simple possession than a white one. Again it likely gets back to economics as much as anything...fewer job opportunities means more Black men choose to risk incarceration by dealing drugs. Are there really that many people, regardless of race, who are in jail for simple possession charges? I've known a few people who have done time for this (some white, a few Black), and while their main problem was addiction they only ended up in jail after numerous offenses (think five or more) with large amounts of drugs. The idea of the casual weed smoker who gets busted with a dime bag for a first offense and ends up in prison is a myth, best I can tell.

Salary/Wages

Personally I would've led with this one, because it's the root cause of all the other issues in my opinion. How do we correct this, in your opinion? To me it seems like fixing educational disparities is the key, but I don't see a simple answer for how to do that either.

Police Interactions

Once again, poorer people commit more crimes, and end up with more police interactions. More encounters with police equals more chances for something to go wrong. Figure out a way to get minorities into better legitimate economic situations, and much of this problem will go away.

I mean, even if you believed every vote against Obama was purely due to racism, which is completely stupid, he still won a majority vote. The fact a hundred thousand (random number) of people voted against him because he was black (in a country with 340 million people) it really doesnt prove america is any more racist now than anywhere else in the world
But we also know that most elections are rigged, especially if a Dem wins, therefore Obama winning twice doesn't really prove anything about racism except Dems are better at stealing elections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT