ADVERTISEMENT

Guys and Gals, how many times have we been through this now?

And just for the sake of being thorough, we didn't have the best OL. We had a good OL, not a great one. Stats actually show we were a better pass blocking OL than run blocking OL....we were only slightly above average in run blocking.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ncaaol
I guess that's why we had two different players rush for over 1,000 yards. J will may have been very close to 1,000 yards.

Yep...I'm back........we found out last week that my wife has breast cancer, so went with her to meet the
breast surgeon and see what the course of action options are..... I was out yesterday, but back today.......

Praying for your wife!!

I guess that's why we had two different players rush for over 1,000 yards. J will may have been very close to 1,000 yards.
I said we had a good OL, did I not? We didn't have the best, and the stats back that up.

Seeing how that wasn't even the point of your OP, are you sure AT would have taken carries away from Jwill or Collins? Are you sure he's even on the same level? I'm not saying you're wrong or that he's not, but these blind assumptions by some people are just that....assumptions, not facts.

I may be wayyyyy off base or not know all of the details, but it just seems to me that if AT was that much of a can't miss talent that surely a Pac12, Big10, or Big12 school would have rolled the dice on him. It's not like he had the same character issues as Dyer. The REALITY of the situation is that what we see on the surface is that AT was a 4* RB that couldn't get playing time against other 4 or 5*s at Bama, but he's good enough to come in and beat out our 4*s? Like you said, sometimes *s lie. We won't know about AT til he finishes his college career, but I think there's plenty of reason to at least have doubts, isn't there?

Also keep in mind that 2 players ahead of him on the depth chart went down this last season, and he STILL didn't get reps....and let's also not pretend that Bama's OL is garbage or something.

Last edited:
In response to op 341. :cool: It would be great if this thread died but it keeps creeping back up top. No more bumps from me.

Just popping in to say how impressed that UM is going to be KJ's personal position coach.

Real WR Coach-
"Alright WRs, let's line up and run some routes. KJ you head over to Coach Meyer and do your thing while the rest of the WRs work out."

You can not, in any conceivable alternate universe you are living in, actually believe that? Out of all the 4* and 5* studs they sign every single year, you really think that UM is going to be your son's personal WR coach?

Just popping in to say how impressed that UM is going to be KJ's personal position coach.

Real WR Coach-
"Alright WRs, let's line up and run some routes. KJ you head over to Coach Meyer and do your thing while the rest of the WRs work out."

You can not, in any conceivable alternate universe you are living in, actually believe that? Out of all the 4* and 5* studs they sign every single year, you really think that UM is going to be your son's personal WR coach?

Man..I almost called you something out of your name. Never said he was going to be our son's personal coach. What is true, is Coach Meyer is over the receivers, and will coach just as much with the receivers as coach Smith. Just like Saban oversees certain players on the defensive side. Like coach BB probably helps in his specialty - TE or linemen. Get your facts straight before you come at people with that bull. I don't understand why you care anyway.

Urban Meyer has NEVER lied to a recruit, right? Just like he would NEVER tell a kid that he has a career ending knee injury, when it was only a torn meniscus. And no way, did he do that to clear space for another signee.
Denial is a powerful thing...

Urban Meyer has NEVER lied to a recruit, right? Just like he would NEVER tell a kid that he has a career ending knee injury, when it was only a torn meniscus. And no way, did he do that to clear space for another signee.
Denial is a powerful thing...

God has our son..what is meant for our son, no one can take from him. No matter how much evil, hatred or hurt, a person may try and send his way. God has not failed him or us ever. Throw what you will at us, we'll be just fine.

God has our son..what is meant for our son, no one can take from him. No matter how much evil, hatred or hurt, a person may try and send his way. God has not failed him or us ever. Throw what you will at us, we'll be just fine.
I mean Urban is a really good football coach and all but not sure he's attained deity just yet.

Reactions: Mclawhorn
God doesn't like it when people go back on their word. I'm pretty sure that's in the Bible somewhere.

I don think he said he didn't want to come because of the crazies. I feel like he's done a hell of a job explaining things, and I, for one, appreciate the insight.
I agree. All is forgiven with me. It would be cool to have your insight the next couple of years with kj ohio state and the hawgs.

Reactions: Hogmonster67
I agree. All is forgiven with me. It would be cool to have your insight the next couple of years with kj ohio state and the hawgs.
No, it wouldn't. He's not a Hog, and I've nothing against KJ or his dad, but I don't want to hear any updates or insight on him at all. Since it is Ohio State, anyone who wants to follow his progress will be able to without anything being written on this site.

No, it wouldn't. He's not a Hog, and I've nothing against KJ or his dad, but I don't want to hear any updates or insight on him at all. Since it is Ohio State, anyone who wants to follow his progress will be able to without anything being written on this site.
Well you can feel free to stay out of those threads. There are those of us who would love the insight.

Reactions: Hogmonster67
I said we had a good OL, did I not? We didn't have the best, and the stats back that up.

Seeing how that wasn't even the point of your OP, are you sure AT would have taken carries away from Jwill or Collins? Are you sure he's even on the same level? I'm not saying you're wrong or that he's not, but these blind assumptions by some people are just that....assumptions, not facts.

I may be wayyyyy off base or not know all of the details, but it just seems to me that if AT was that much of a can't miss talent that surely a Pac12, Big10, or Big12 school would have rolled the dice on him. It's not like he had the same character issues as Dyer. The REALITY of the situation is that what we see on the surface is that AT was a 4* RB that couldn't get playing time against other 4 or 5*s at Bama, but he's good enough to come in and beat out our 4*s? Like you said, sometimes *s lie. We won't know about AT til he finishes his college career, but I think there's plenty of reason to at least have doubts, isn't there?

Also keep in mind that 2 players ahead of him on the depth chart went down this last season, and he STILL didn't get reps....and let's also not pretend that Bama's OL is garbage or something.
You did say we had a good O-Line i think we had a top 3 o-line in the SEC. what other OLines would you ranked ahead of us. Put stats a side, bottom line is we had basically two 1,000 yard rushers. What other team did that. WE had a nasty and mea OLINE.

As far at AT. We did need him if he signed. I'm not talking about taking PT away from JWill or Collins. He would have to work his way up like Collins did going from Fr to So year and so forth. You have to pay your due. Idk if AT is a better RB than Walker but he could have had similar reps as walker. JWill had a nagging injury all year and as much as we run it we need more than just Collins/JWill running. Thank the Lord K. Walker stepped up. Idk if he would have fit in great but my point is having your instate kids on your home team usually helps your chance of getting some PT. I know AT just got beat out by the other RB's... but remember the reason he didn't get a lot of reps was bc he was in the doghouse for smoking green according to bama guys. I think he did mostly ST.

You did say we had a good O-Line i think we had a top 3 o-line in the SEC. what other OLines would you ranked ahead of us. Put stats a side, bottom line is we had basically two 1,000 yard rushers. What other team did that. WE had a nasty and mea OLINE.

As far at AT. We did need him if he signed. I'm not talking about taking PT away from JWill or Collins. He would have to work his way up like Collins did going from Fr to So year and so forth. You have to pay your due. Idk if AT is a better RB than Walker but he could have had similar reps as walker. JWill had a nagging injury all year and as much as we run it we need more than just Collins/JWill running. Thank the Lord K. Walker stepped up. Idk if he would have fit in great but my point is having your instate kids on your home team usually helps your chance of getting some PT. I know AT just got beat out by the other RB's... but remember the reason he didn't get a lot of reps was bc he was in the doghouse for smoking green according to bama guys. I think he did mostly ST.
It's perfectly fine for us to have differing opinions, because there are some things we just won't agree on.

It's very hard to say "name better O lines, but don't use stats." By the stats, we were good...not great. We had 2 1,000 yard backs while other teams have backs with MORE than 1,000 yards and other backs with fewer carries filling in. Georgia, Auburn, Miss St., LSU, and Bama all rushed for yards per game than we did (with 2 of hose teams using a spread option). We had 2 1k rushers, but ranked 6th in rushing in the SEC. THIS year I expect we'll have a top 3 OL in conference....last year we didn't. We had the biggest line, and apparently some think that made them the best stats be damned.

All I hear here is Bama and Auburn sports radio. AT didn't not sink on the depth chart because of weed. Anybody that tells you that kids at Bama are severely penalized for smoking weed doesn't have a CLUE what they are talking about. The fact of the matter is that his performance as it compared to the other RBs didn't warrant him getting the carries. Maybe weed made him unfocused, but I will NEVER believe he was in the eternal doghouse for smoking when they have kids that have been busted for selling weed on their roster and playing. Just saying....

Either way, the only point I was trying to make is I don't make assumptions that somebody from Arkansas is going to be a great player just because he plays for the Razorbacks. If you have talent you can be successful just about anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT