ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

UA sent a survey to all students this morning with four open ended questions (which is a recipe for disaster typically, and will also severely diminish the number of responses).

How has the pandemic impacted your experience as a student?

What pandemic-related concerns do you have about returning to campus?

What ideas do you have about encouraging all Razorbacks to behave responsibly with respect for the health and safety of others (i.e. wearing a mask, staying 6-ft apart, washing hands, quarantining if sick)?

What ideas do you have for innovative and engaging campus activities and events while taking health and safety measures into consideration?

UA sent a survey to all students this morning with four open ended questions (which is a recipe for disaster typically, and will also severely diminish the number of responses).

How has the pandemic impacted your experience as a student?

What pandemic-related concerns do you have about returning to campus?

What ideas do you have about encouraging all Razorbacks to behave responsibly with respect for the health and safety of others (i.e. wearing a mask, staying 6-ft apart, washing hands, quarantining if sick)?

What ideas do you have for innovative and engaging campus activities and events while taking health and safety measures into consideration?
LOL. You have... 5 responses.

Reactions: SWMrsHogfan
Arkansas with over 800 new cases over the last 24 hours, doubling yesterday's total.

Decrease in hospitalization though, which means a whole lot more to me...
unless you are trying to scare people with numbers, then you just pick the largest one and add words like "double" or "most ever in history of the world!"

Reactions: HTHog
unless you are trying to scare people with numbers, then you just pick the largest one and add words like "double" or "most ever in history of the world!"
This is true...very very true...similar to win Dr. Smith said awhile back on Twitter that “We wear masks not for the 99% that survive but the 1% that die...which in Arkansas is 30,000” then the next tweet said the positive test rate at the time was like 3%....so let’s scare everyone to death and assume every person in Arkansas gets it even though at the time maybe 900 people would die if you put both tweets together!!

Reactions: HTHog
Just a general question, but how often are players at one school being tested? Do they only get tested once?

I figure you don't post something without having looked into it so I'm gonna stay on the sideline.
Tests have sensitivity and specificity percentages. The higher the sensitivity the lower the false negatives. The higher the specificity, the lower the false positives. Therefore, I’d have to know more about the specificity of the tests...which I don’t. However, it was disturbing to see this update from the CDC this week saying a portion of those individuals testing positive may just have a cold...

JRuSQ9P

https://vm.tiktok.com/JRuSQ9P/

Reactions: Mhhoover92
Tests have sensitivity and specificity percentages. The higher the sensitivity the lower the false negatives. The higher the specificity, the lower the false positives. Therefore, I’d have to know more about the specificity of the tests...which I don’t. However, it was disturbing to see this update from the CDC this week saying a portion of those individuals testing positive may just have a cold...
The difference in deaths from Covid vs deaths that might have Covid is going to be huge.

I looked at a week in Arkansas in Feb and it had like 400 deaths with flu and flu cause of death was like 8 or 9. I'm not saying it's going to be the same difference with this but 1/2 wouldn't surprise me. Doubt we ever get told for certain. Too many careers on the line.

I think hospitalizations tend to lag, so it'll be interesting to see if those numbers go up in the next few days.
Cases have been rising for a long time. Young people don't get hospitalized very often.

Bruh, you don't need those, don't worry.

The government will tell you what you can and can't do with your life. Liberties are for the idiots who believe that individuals are sovereign beings. Am I right, Comrade?
It’s just a mask bro.

Can’t believe the government would mandate you do something, guess I’ll stop wearing my seatbelt on my car too to show how cool and defiant I can be.

Last edited:
So, to be clear. They are treating "antibody cases" as positive, active cases? As well as, positives from colds, etc?
States include positive antibody tests in their probable case numbers but not in their confirmed case numbers from what I understand so they wouldn't factor in to the "active" case numbers that we see

It’s just a mask bro.

Can’t believe the government would mandate you do something, guess I’ll stop wearing my seatbelt on my car too to show how cool and defiant I can be.

Your chances of dying by not wearing your seatbelt are 107x more likely than dying from COVID for not wearing a mask.

Your chances of dying by not wearing your seatbelt are 107x more likely than dying from COVID for not wearing a mask.
tenor.gif

Additionally, I’ve never understood how a government could enforce seatbelts but allow motorcycles.

One is a steel cage weighing about 2000 pounds on four tires to provide optimal balance. The other is less than half the weight, leaves the passenger completely open to the environment, and is exponentially more unstable. But to save lives, we’ve decided to regulate the first one.

This is referencing antibody tests. Its been discussed a bunch how they are inaccurate. The results being reported by the schools are from Covid diagnostic tests.
I wasn’t talking about schools. I was talking about an exponential increase in positive results and the CDC coming out and saying, “BTW, if you test positive, it may be a cold...but we’re still going to mark you as positive.”

I wasn’t talking about schools. I was talking about an exponential increase in positive results and the CDC coming out and saying, “BTW, if you test positive, it may be a cold...but we’re still going to mark you as positive.”
Agree with that. They shouldn’t count. Strangely, I’ve actually heard more real life examples of people that had it but then test negative for the antibodies months later.

Reactions: jtuck33
It’s just a mask bro.

Ha, what an argument. Let's take one govenment overreach to justify another one. At least with seatbelts it was enforced to help the other driver not yourself.

tenor.gif

Additionally, I’ve never understood how a government could enforce seatbelts but allow motorcycles.

One is a steel cage weighing about 2000 pounds on four tires to provide optimal balance. The other is less than half the weight, leaves the passenger completely open to the environment, and is exponentially more unstable. But to save lives, we’ve decided to regulate the first one.
It’s all about being able to write tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT