ADVERTISEMENT

If emotions are this high here

• Thread starter anon_j0hjgb7us6s1a
  • Start date
And you think USPS is exempt why?
Multiple reports last night but now a Washington Post reporter has corrected her claims and are now reported as not exempt. I concede my previous question.

Congratulations on your authoritarian victory. I hope you share the same passion when the other side is in control and abuses their power in the same manner.

Multiple reports last night but now a Washington Post reporter has corrected her claims and are now reported as not exempt. I concede my previous question.

Congratulations on your authoritarian victory. I hope you share the same passion when the other side is in control and abuses their power in the same manner.
“Other side?” Do you mean the pro-virus pro-death crowd?

See, what if you two had been seated together at the ball game. :)
------

Howard Stern Says Anti-Vaxxers Should Be Denied Hospital Care Once Infected​

The shock jock also mocked conservative radio hosts who pushed back against the vaccines before dying of the virus.

Reactions: The Baconator
I'm very much anti government mandate. Especially for private businesses with over 100 employees.

This whole thing is a problem of politics, terrible messaging and the dangers of social media. Kudos to those that could see past all that.

See, what if you two had been seated together at the ball game. :)
------

Howard Stern Says Anti-Vaxxers Should Be Denied Hospital Care Once Infected​

The shock jock also mocked conservative radio hosts who pushed back against the vaccines before dying of the virus.

I have no problem with what Stern said. Those radio hosts probably convinced many to refuse the vaccine and die. But they thought it would help their ratings. Special place in hell for some of them.

I'm very much anti government mandate. Especially for private businesses with over 100 employees.

This whole thing is a problem of politics, terrible messaging and the dangers of social media. Kudos to those that could see past all that.

I have no problem with what Stern said. Those radio hosts probably convinced many to refuse the vaccine and die. But they thought it would help their ratings. Special place in hell for some of them.
Do you feel the same way about drunk drivers, themselves, when they are killed?

Okay, then. You do realize he could be in office again and could use this unprecedented federal abuse of power?
What if he’s in prison? As far as “abuse of power,” bless your little heart. This is standard sh!t. We’ve had vaccine mandates for decades. Not a controversial thing.
Next.

What if he’s in prison? As far as “abuse of power,” bless your little heart. This is standard sh!t. We’ve had vaccine mandates for decades. Not a controversial thing.
Next.
I would argue that Biden is violating the 10th amendment and has effectively bypassed the legislative branch. He has already violated the constitution twice, as deemed by SCOTUS, over the eviction moratorium.

Do you feel the same way about drunk drivers, themselves, when they are killed?
That's not apples to apples at all, but I'll answer it. If a drunk driver is involved in a wreck and kills themselves and someone else, I don't have much sympathy for the drunk driver. Do you?

Reactions: The Baconator
That's not apples to apples at all, but I'll answer it. If a drunk driver is involved in a wreck and kills themselves and someone else, I don't have much sympathy for the drunk driver. Do you?
I believe the drunk driver analogy is a close parallel. A person is choosing to do something that could harm others. In this case when referring to the Howard Stern comments, it would be the driver killing himself. In any other circumstance, when has it been okay to celebrate the death of a driver who was drunk?

Further, if a drunk driver hits another vehicle and kills everyone inside but the drunk driver survives, should that person still be given medical treatment?

I believe the drunk driver analogy is a close parallel. A person is choosing to do something that could harm others. In this case when referring to the Howard Stern comments, it would be the driver killing himself. In any other circumstance, when has it been okay to celebrate the death of a driver who was drunk?
If a guy drove drunk every day killing people along the way, then finally one day ran off the road killing himself, I'd probably mock him.

I'd feel bad for his family and feel bad that he felt the need to put himself in that position. But he killed people and the world is probably a better place without him.

If a guy drove drunk every day killing people along the way, then finally one day ran off the road killing himself, I'd probably mock him.

I'd feel bad for his family and feel bad that he felt the need to put himself in that position. But he killed people and the world is probably a better place without him.
So you are saying the speech from those broadcasters killed people? If I am referencing the analogy correctly.

Further, if a drunk driver hits another vehicle and kills everyone inside but the drunk driver survives, should that person still be given medical treatment?
By law and by hippocratic oath, yes. But I'm sure a lot of people would say "hell no" and I don't take issue with them saying that. They also will face criminal charges after they are released.

By law and by hippocratic oath, yes. But I'm sure a lot of people would say "hell no" and I don't take issue with them saying that. They also will face criminal charges after they are released.
Right, but you do realize there are growing calls to not treat the unvaccinated?

Right, but you do realize there are growing calls to not treat the unvaccinated?
Controversial figure Candice Owens was denied a COVID test due to her political views.

So you are saying the speech from those broadcasters killed people? If I am referencing the analogy correctly.
Let's be clear here. This is your analogy, not mine. I sad it wasn't apples to apples.

My statement was:

"Those radio hosts probably convinced many to refuse the vaccine and die."

I hate that they died, but they probably contributed to others to dying in a similar manner.

Controversial figure Candice Owens was denied a COVID test due to her political views.
OK. Where did I say I was for that? I don't agree with what they did, but understand their frustration. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and just do your job. That's what the clinic should've done.

Reactions: Hawg Chief
Let's be clear here. This is your analogy, not mine. I sad it wasn't apples to apples.

My statement was:

"Those radio hosts probably convinced many to refuse the vaccine and die."

I hate that they died, but they probably contributed to others to dying in a similar manner.
You said that there is a special place in hell for them. What I am trying to point out is that rhetoric is moving rapidly toward the unethical treatment of human beings. I can show that with my Candice Owens example. Freedom of speech and personal autonomy shouldn't be condemnations in hell.

You said that there is a special place in hell for them. What I am trying to point out is that rhetoric is moving rapidly toward the unethical treatment of human beings. I can show that with my Candice Owens example. Freedom of speech and personal autonomy shouldn't be condemnations in hell.
I don't condemn people to hell. That's between them and their maker. And I said special place in hell for SOME of them.

All I'll say is I believe a there are a lot of people in the media who have made money off being anti vaxx (yes, I know both sides have). If I was someone who knowingly spread misinformation that led to people dying because I was profiting from it, I wouldn't feel real comfortable heading into the afterlife. Feel free to disagree with that all you want.

*And i'm all for freedom of speech. Like we've always said freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences. I'm not trying to shut down anyone's freedom of speech. But I can critique it. You seem to think my criticism is unethical treatment, lol.

I don't condemn people to hell. That's between them and their maker. I said special place in hell for SOME of them.

All I'll say is I believe a there are a lot of people in the media who have made money off being anti vaxx (yes, I know both sides have). If I was someone who knowingly spread misinformation that led to people dying because I was profiting from it, I wouldn't feel real comfortable heading into the afterlife. Feel free to disagree with that all you want.

*And i'm all for freedom of speech. Like we've always said freedom of speech isn't freedom of consequences. I'm not trying to shut down anyone's freedom of speech. But I can critique it. You seem to think my criticism is unethical treatment, lol.
Touche. Solid point. I criticize your rhetoric while you criticize theirs.

Reactions: mikedamone
I just hope you can see the direction all of this is heading.
My first post today:

My first post today:

How would you characterize the DOJ claiming the Texas heartbeat bill as unconstitutional in reference to the vaccination mandates?

How would you characterize the DOJ claiming the Texas heartbeat bill as unconstitutional in reference to the vaccination mandates?
I know its a huge story but believe it or not I have not looked into it at all and do not have educated opinion.

I know its a huge story but believe it or not I have not looked into it at all and do not have educated opinion.
Well, the only details I know are that Kamala Harris and the DOJ are claiming that the recent Texas abortion bill violates bodily autonomy. In my opinion, the vaccine mandates do this very thing.

Appreciate it. You always bring quality opinions to the table. Been very civil. We probably are closer on these things than we know.
I think we are very close. I think our feelings on vaccinations only slightly differ and I can live with that. It's a very serious debate.

Reactions: mikedamone
Denmark
After nearly 550 days, the Scandinavian country has lifted the last of its domestic pandemic-era restrictions, declaring that the coronavirus is no longer a “critical threat to society.” ... Residents will no longer need to use the country's digital vaccine passport to enter bars, restaurants, nightclubs or stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT