ADVERTISEMENT

Penny Losing It

So your stumbling your way into this being a race thing? Dude was given the job because he played there and was a solid pro/superstar for 4 or so seasons. Nothing more/nothing less. I know you watched the 30 for 30 on him which made you believe he was the 2nd coming of Coach Norman Dale. Calipari wins with 18 and 19 year olds year in and year out. As it’s been stated in here. Penny is soft, you get paid a lot of money to do your highly visible job with the expectation you can handle yourself as a man with the media. He would have been KD 1.0 if twitter was big in his day. I know your going to come back and say that Eric doesn’t handle himself professionally. I agree he can be a bitch sometimes but getting kicked out of game to try to fire ur team up after being hosed all game by the officials…. That is part of the sport. It happens to the best of them. Hell John Calipari threatened to MURDER Cal. I enjoy your trolling but not everything is race related or driven.
Dig everything you said.....but it was the great John Chaney that said he would kill John Calipari.

I agree he can be a bitch sometimes but getting kicked out of game to try to fire ur team up after being hosed all game by the officials…. That is part of the sport. It happens to the best of them. Hell John Calipari threatened to MURDER Cal. I enjoy your trolling but not everything is race related or driven.
John Calipari threatened to murder himself?

That’s rich.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HeightsHog
SMH…. Did you read the rest of the thread. Got help from a friend on a typo.
Fixed it for ya.
I saw an opportunity I pounced. I was also on page 2 of 3 when I did.

How that stuff happens. Read above you’ll see my reading comprehension allowed me to discover this all by myself.

Still worth it.

Y’all acted like y’all didn’t know what he was implying the whole time lol…… you know penny getting picked on cause he black , damn y’all…

Kerr got the best job when he took over from Mark Jackson and won an NBA championship with the same roster? If only Mark Jackson had been given the same chance.
Now that I look, Mark took over GS when they had a losing record. So it wasn’t a “best job” as I explained

Now that I look, Mark took over GS when they had a losing record. So it wasn’t a “best job” as I explained
Never said he did. He just couldn’t make it out of the 1st round with Steph, Draymond, Klay, Barnes, Iggy, and David Lee. So they hired Kerr.

I know you’re bored but there have been so many hires over the past 15 years that are former players that just get solid jobs out of nowhere. Sometimes it’s Nash or Kerr. Sometimes it’s Doc Rivers or Jason Kidd.

Never said he did. He just couldn’t make it out of the 1st round with Steph, Draymond, Klay, Barnes, Iggy, and David Lee. So they hired Kerr.

I know you’re bored but there have been so many hires over the past 15 years that are former players that just get solid jobs out of nowhere. Sometimes it’s Nash or Kerr. Sometimes it’s Doc Rivers or Jason Kidd.
Wasn’t they 1st, 2nd year guys then? And my point was GS was trending up, and was in the playoffs 2-3 years he was there. Meanwhile coaches in Denver and Utah be in the same situation, but keep their jobs for 10yrs.

Last edited:
Wasn’t they 1st, 2nd year guys then?
No.

In Jackson’s final season with Warriors

Steph was in his 5th year
Klay was in his 3rd year
Draymond was in his 2nd year
Lee was in his 9th year
Barnes was in his 2nd year
Iggy was in his 10th year
Bogut was in his 9th year

The coach who only had Steph in his 2nd year was Keith Smart.

Smart was a guy who had been busting his ass as an assistant for years and got fired after just one season. He was probably pissed when the Warriors hired Mark Jackson, who had been an announcer since retiring.

Last edited:
No.

In Jackson’s final season with Warriors

Steph was in his 5th year
Klay was in his 3rd year
Draymond was in his 2nd year
Lee was in his 9th year
Barnes was in his 2nd year
Iggy was in his 10th year
Bogut was in his 9th year

The coach who only had Steph in his 2nd year was Keith Smart.

Smart was a guy who had been busting his ass as an assistant for years and got fired after just one season. He was probably pissed when the Warriors hired Mark Jackson, who had been an announcer since retiring.
So they were young guys, and we’re losing until he got there. They made the playoffs 2-3 (the last 2) years. Won 52 games. Conference semis, and first rd loss. What am I missing? He should have been given another coaching chance by now, and should have never been fired. Both He and Smart were probably given a raw deal. As I said, coaches in Utah and Denver were given 10 yrs, under the same circumstances.

• Haha
Reactions: ACHRazorbacks
So they were young guys, and we’re losing until he got there. They made the playoffs 2-3 (the last 2) years. Won 52 games. Conference semis, and first rd loss. What am I missing? He should have been given another coaching chance by now, and should have never been fired. Both He and Smart were probably given a raw deal. As I said, coaches in Utah and Denver were given 10 yrs, under the same circumstances.
He wasn’t bad and could’ve coached again but doesn’t want to. He just didn’t do what Kerr did with the same experienced group in their prime. It was a good fire/hire.

I imagine you must be pretty upset that Jackson got hired as an NBA coach after being an announcer.

Reactions: minnesotahog
He wasn’t bad and could’ve coached again but doesn’t want to. He just didn’t do what Kerr did with the same experienced group in their prime. It was a good fire/hire.

I imagine you must be pretty upset that Jackson got hired as an NBA coach after being an announcer.
Wait, Mark Jackson wasn’t a NBA all star before becoming a NBA announcer, and that’s why he was given the chance to coach a losing team? Ya that was a reach for the losing warriors to hire him! Guy knew nothing about basketball 🤣😂.

And my point was black coaches aren’t given the best jobs, and are fired way sooner. While white guys are given the best jobs, even with no previous coaching experience (even at the AAU level.) I think I’ve proven my point. Kerr took over a playoff team, and Nash took over a team with 3 of the 3 best players in the world. But I’m not complaining about it, I’m jus pointing it out. To the dismay of some. But y’all trying to convince me Penny ain’t qualified to coach Memphis university 🤣

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT