ADVERTISEMENT

OT 100% NOT the Official Off-Topic/Politics/Corona Thread

The most recent influenza data we have in Arkansas is from 4/11. At that time, in the period between 9/29/19 and 4/11/20, there were 20 PCR + flu deaths (this would be equivalent to someone dying from COVID19 with a “positive COVID test”, which is also a PCR based test - ie a test that identifies genetic material from the virus in the body above a certain threshold) and we have 98 deaths which list influenza on the death certificate with or without a “positive” flu antigen test - which would be the rapid test done in the doctors’ office. Less reliable. Unfortunately they don’t break down who was antigen positive and who was presumptively identified as having influenza. As I have said before there is going to be some delay in reporting, but the saving grace here is that in most years, influenza deaths/diagnoses/paid claims come to a screeching halt in mid April. So for a 6.5 month period this year when the influenza virus was present, 118 people presumably died (if anyone wants to inject inflation of numbers now would be a good time since only 1/6 of those deaths would meet the criteria that have been applied to COVID19).

SARS-CoV-2 appeared in Arkansas on March 11, so 2.5 months ago. As of now, we are at 125 COVID19 deaths, based on the best data we have.

Breaking it down by time from first positive case to the end of the recording period:
For flu (9/29-4/11)=118 deaths or 0.6 deaths per day
For COVID19 (3/11-today)=125 deaths or 1.6 deaths per day.

The sobering part of the last statement is that we recorded the highest single number of case in any day so far on 5/21 and our 7 day average of new cases reached its highest point yet yesterday w/ rumors of an even bigger increase when today’s data is out.
Here’s a link for the flu data: https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/im...eport_Week_Ending_Saturday_April_11,_2020.pdf

Different angle showing 3 officers on top of Floyd.. Just stupid. Fast forward to :50 seconds.

Interesting start to the morning...

HAHA it got removed by Twitter. I'm trying to determine if he's baiting Twitter or if he's pissed off the wrong people and now they'll look for any excuse to silence him. Either way, Twitter isn't really doing itself any favors.

I'm sure anyone with a brain can assume that looting and riots is synonymous with violence. Did the Donald say it in an incredibly stupid way? Yes. Are there millions of examples still available on Twitter that are worse? Yes.

Reactions: eezycheez
HAHA it got removed by Twitter. I'm trying to determine if he's baiting Twitter or if he's pissed off the wrong people and now they'll look for any excuse to silence him. Either way, Twitter isn't really doing itself any favors.

I'm sure anyone with a brain can assume that looting and riots is synonymous with violence. Did the Donald say it in an incredibly stupid way? Yes. Are there millions of examples still available on Twitter that are worse? Yes.

He’s gonna be pissed

Not sure if it was removed, but if so, its back with a disclaimer.

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible

Reactions: eezycheez

This Tweet violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence. However, Twitter has determined that it may be in the public’s interest for the Tweet to remain accessible

He’s still gonna be pissed

The removed all likes, all retweets, and all comments. Additionally, you can only see it by clicking the "view" button.

Essentially, the removed it but you have to go through another step in order to bring it back:

100797934_10201461714077817_9094081946308313088_n.jpg

It was a stupid tweet, for sure

My question is, at what point do these people move from being called unarmed civilians to what is really happening. Shit needs to end and end quickly. Dont really have any answers on the right way to do this, but usually you have to meet violence with violence. 3 days and nights worth of this shit and its actually picking up steam instead of dying down

I imagine Obamas right arm is completely unusable today after watching all this stuff, probably has that stupid grin permanently plastered across his face as well

The removed all likes, all retweets, and all comments. Additionally, you can only see it by clicking the "view" button.

Essentially, the removed it but you have to go through another step in order to bring it back:

100797934_10201461714077817_9094081946308313088_n.jpg
This is gross. Thankfully my twitter is a tad less serious than politics twitter so I will likely not experience much of this

The most recent influenza data we have in Arkansas is from 4/11. At that time, in the period between 9/29/19 and 4/11/20, there were 20 PCR + flu deaths (this would be equivalent to someone dying from COVID19 with a “positive COVID test”, which is also a PCR based test - ie a test that identifies genetic material from the virus in the body above a certain threshold) and we have 98 deaths which list influenza on the death certificate with or without a “positive” flu antigen test - which would be the rapid test done in the doctors’ office. Less reliable. Unfortunately they don’t break down who was antigen positive and who was presumptively identified as having influenza. As I have said before there is going to be some delay in reporting, but the saving grace here is that in most years, influenza deaths/diagnoses/paid claims come to a screeching halt in mid April. So for a 6.5 month period this year when the influenza virus was present, 118 people presumably died (if anyone wants to inject inflation of numbers now would be a good time since only 1/6 of those deaths would meet the criteria that have been applied to COVID19).

SARS-CoV-2 appeared in Arkansas on March 11, so 2.5 months ago. As of now, we are at 125 COVID19 deaths, based on the best data we have.

Breaking it down by time from first positive case to the end of the recording period:
For flu (9/29-4/11)=118 deaths or 0.6 deaths per day
For COVID19 (3/11-today)=125 deaths or 1.6 deaths per day.

The sobering part of the last statement is that we recorded the highest single number of case in any day so far on 5/21 and our 7 day average of new cases reached its highest point yet yesterday w/ rumors of an even bigger increase when today’s data is out.

80 percent that tested positive for covid yesterday wete asymptomatic. I promise no one tested positive for the flu and was asymptomatic. Anyway with all these positive test and very few deaths shows how mild this thing is. There are people screaming everywhere my father was given 3 wks on hospice and c19 got him.
? Are they doing antibodies test at walmart testing sites?

Kaepernick has 300K likes and retweets on a tweet telling people to resort to violence. Twitter is only taking down tweets if you’re conservative. And it’s been going on since coronavirus started. I use twitter every day but it’s disgusting.

Kaepernick has 300K likes and retweets on a tweet telling people to resort to violence. Twitter is only taking down tweets if you’re conservative. And it’s been going on since coronavirus started. I use twitter every day but it’s disgusting.
I dont care enough to look, but id imagine kathy griffins tweets of a bloody trump head is still readily available as well

Where does he tell people to resort to violence?

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone

This one? This is no where near what the Donald tweeted. I hate twitter. It has ruined civil online discussion, but the Trump and Kaepernick tweets are on totally different levels.

Where does he tell people to resort to violence?

Always have said Trump is a social tard and would do himself a huge favor if he would stop tweeting and shut up.

And while saying shooting was dumb AF, inexcusable from anyone and is on a different level, anyone with any inference skills can read Kaepernick’s tweet and know he’s insinuating violence. Looting stores, rioting, breaking into cars of of innocent people is violence imo.

So, does Twitter have different levels of violence they censor or is it all levels?

Always have said Trump is a social tard and would do himself a huge favor if he would stop tweeting and shut up.

And while saying shooting was dumb AF, inexcusable from anyone and is on a different level, anyone with any inference skills can read Kaepernick’s tweet and know he’s insinuating violence. Looting stores, rioting, breaking into cars of of innocent people is violence imo.

So, does Twitter have different levels of violence they censor or is it all levels?

He was just commenting on what historically happens when civility leads to death. He then says “we have a right to fight back”

A quick fact check reveals that he is correct.

https://oll.libertyfund.org/quotes/327

Reactions: Mayday'90

The fact of the matter is, Kaepernick could've tweeted "Everyone go kill a f*cking pig tonight" and Twitter would not have had a problem with it. I'm not in favor of telling private businesses how they can operate or who they choose to serve (excluding discrimination against protected classes of course), but it is clear that they have chosen to censor one side pretty much exclusively.

Just to be clear I don’t condone violence or rioting — only peaceful protests. But a historian of civil rights that I know posted this yesterday, and I thought it provided an interesting historical explanation / context. I had never seen this before.

Here is MLK in 1967 on the subject of black rioting:

"Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena. They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the white community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting which is their principal feature serves many functions. It enables the most enraged and deprived Negro to take hold of consumer goods with the ease the white man does by using his purse. Often the Negro does not even want what he takes; he wants the experience of taking. But most of all, alienated from society and knowing that this society cherishes property above people, he is shocking it by abusing property rights. There are thus elements of emotional catharsis in the violent act....The policymakers of the white society have caused the darkness; they create discrimination; they structured slums; and they perpetuate unemployment, ignorance and poverty. It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society."

Reactions: NMHOGG
The fact of the matter is, Kaepernick could've tweeted "Everyone go kill a f*cking pig tonight" and Twitter would not have had a problem with it. I'm not in favor of telling private businesses how they can operate or who they choose to serve (excluding discrimination against protected classes of course), but it is clear that they have chosen to censor one side pretty much exclusively.
If Kaepernick had tweeted that, it would've been removed. Don't exaggerate.

Just to be clear I don’t condone violence or rioting — only peaceful protests. But a historian of civil rights that I know posted this yesterday, and I thought it provided an interesting historical explanation / context. I had never seen this before.

Here is MLK in 1967 on the subject of black rioting:

"Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena. They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the white community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting which is their principal feature serves many functions. It enables the most enraged and deprived Negro to take hold of consumer goods with the ease the white man does by using his purse. Often the Negro does not even want what he takes; he wants the experience of taking. But most of all, alienated from society and knowing that this society cherishes property above people, he is shocking it by abusing property rights. There are thus elements of emotional catharsis in the violent act....The policymakers of the white society have caused the darkness; they create discrimination; they structured slums; and they perpetuate unemployment, ignorance and poverty. It is incontestable and deplorable that Negroes have committed crimes; but they are derivative crimes. They are born of the greater crimes of the white society."

interesting but just an excuse.

As much as I personally disagree with kneeling during the Anthem, at least you aren’t hurting or stealing from innocent people who has nothing to do with your issue.

Reactions: DirkPiggler
interesting but just an excuse.

As much as I personally disagree with kneeling during the Anthem, at least you aren’t hurting or stealing from innocent people who has nothing to do with your issue.
He peacefully protested and he was called a son of a bitch by the president, and much worse things by others.

People are angry. We saw a black man killed on video by those paid to protect us but "there's not enough evidence to support a criminal charge." Do we need to see the man stabbed or shot to have enough evidence??

Reactions: NMHOGG
He peacefully protested and he was called a son of a bitch by the president, and much worse things by others.

People are angry. We saw a black man killed on video by those paid to protect us but "there's not enough evidence to support a criminal charge." Do we need to see the man stabbed or shot to have enough evidence??
Who said your quote there? I have not seen that.

Who said your quote there? I have not seen that.
County attorney: "That video is graphic and horrific but there is other evidence that does not support a criminal charge. I will not rush."

And proceeds not to divulge the evidence. No wonder people are rioting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT