ADVERTISEMENT

*Political* Dobbs V. Jackson Just Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I re-read that 5 or so times make sure I said it correctly because I thought it could be confusing...and I still got it wrong...I'm multi-tasking

"I'd go to war FOR you..."

I fücking love me some sun chips.

I took it as an attack on sun chips. I retract if it was a statement of support for sun chips.

• Love
Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
Its wishful thinking and never really been reality, but I'd like the USSC to function as designed and completely ignore the political implications. Lifetime appointments are supposed to insulate them from the politics, although at this point I really wish all government officials had an age limit.
Not sure if you're listening but that was actually one of Sotomayor's biggest arguments: "Mississippi said we should go after this because we feel like we have the votes now. How could that not be political?"

She basically was saying because people would think this is a political move that they should not consider it.

I just feel like it will be a rallying cry for every D in the midterms, "They're taking away your rights, let's keep congress."

Reactions: DirkPiggler
No way it’s Pizza
semi-pro-will-ferrell.gif

Not sure if you're listening but that was actually one of Sotomayor's biggest arguments: "Mississippi said we should go after this because we feel like we have the votes now. How could that not be political?"

I just feel like it will be a rallying cry for every D in the midterms, "They're taking away your rights, let's keep congress."

I'm not listening. I'm semi-procrastinating by arguing over sun chips, but I don't have the time to listen to it.

• Haha
Reactions: PorkshankRedemption
I'm not listening. I'm semi-procrastinating by arguing over sun chips, but I don't have the time to listen to it.
Heard...this is the benefit of doing a lot of spreadsheet work for business...you can listen to shit and multi-task all while being hyper-efficient at work, haha.

This may not help the D case, though, haha...it wouldn't move any needles because this person is quickly forgettable...but crazy all the same:

Are we talking about the case or no?

If no, sour cream and onion Pringle’s are so much better it hurts.

If yes, the weird shades of gray make this difficult to me. 11 weeks (doubtful to know in the first month) is a long time to decide something. The shades of gray that make me afraid of the absolutes are the cases where legit medical issues come in later that will harm mother or child. Potentially marking the choice between my wife or unborn child is not something I could fault someone for picking wife on, that’s an impossible choice.

Are we talking about the case or no?

If no, sour cream and onion Pringle’s are so much better it hurts.

If yes, the weird shades of gray make this difficult to me. 11 weeks (doubtful to know in the first month) is a long time to decide something. The shades of gray that make me afraid of the absolutes are the cases where legit medical issues come in later that will harm mother or child. Potentially marking the choice between my wife or unborn child is not something I could fault someone for picking wife on, that’s an impossible choice.
I would have loved to talk about it rationally, but it quickly devolved. Then I got big-time distracted when the marvelous sun chips came up.

Reactions: Bbyrd0428
Abortion is the toughest topic for this conservative. I fully understand the conservative side but I also understand the liberal side. If there had been zero abortions in this country over the last 45 years our welfair system would be collapsed and we might look closer to what India looks like than what we do now. The globalist that are concerned about overpopulation point to India as an example. Rough issue if you look at it rationally and not political or religious.

Abortion is the toughest topic for this conservative. I fully understand the conservative side but I also understand the liberal side. If there had been zero abortions in this country over the last 45 years our welfair system would be collapsed and we might look closer to what India looks like than what we do now. The globalist that are concerned about overpopulation point to India as an example. Rough issue if you look at it rationally and not political or religious.
Have you been to Pine Bluff lately? It's basically Mumbai.

I don't think it should be governmentally funded. That's my biggest gripe. Yes I am personally against abortion but I'm more apathetic towards what others do.

I don't think it should be governmentally funded. That's my biggest gripe. Yes I am personally against abortion but I'm more apathetic towards what others do.
Which funds are going towards abortion?

Haha, hey man, I think it's incredibly important and thought others should know it's happening and how to listen pre-media bastardization.
No worries. I don't know how much we would agree on politically but I enjoy reading your takes because I know you put a lot of thought in it and can use the heck out of stats.

Haha, hey man, I think it's incredibly important and thought others should know it's happening and how to listen pre-media bastardization.
There is a website called oyez.org where you can listen to some of the older cases in the term and in prior terms, they also provide a synopsis of the decision if one was made for each case

This shows just how much you know about the situation. We are paying for abortion clinics all over the globe and here in the states.
Wtf does what's going on "all over the globe" have to do with a SC decision?

Where is your proof that federal dollars are directly paying for abortions in America?

Abortions are going to happen regardless of legality. Might as well offer people a safe secure way for the procedure to be performed rather than risking more people's lives getting it done in a back alley or elsewhere.

Reactions: Hawg Chief
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT