ADVERTISEMENT

*Political* Dobbs V. Jackson Just Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel stronger about states rights than ever before. If you dont like living in a conservative state you could always move somewhere that suites you. And visa versa. Abortion is definitely a tough one for me.
That’s how this republic was meant to be. It’s the federal government that wants more and more control. Let the people in the states decide. Less government equals more freedom

Just in time to show off mine. I always wait for HPs seasonal avi to come out to showcase mine. All credit to @AndrewWPS19
he-looks-glorious-will-ferrell.gif

• Love
Reactions: Mhhoover92
It went south the minute Roper commented about a poster wanting to have sex with someone a few years after conception/birth. It’s typical though of the mods now.
And I deleted those comments, as they should be. "typical of the mods now" is a strange comment considering we've had the same mods for several years now and I've modded the same way since Day 1.

Sensitive topics/posts are fine if people stay mature, if they don't, they will be deleted.

While stationed in Fallon, NV I had a conversation with this young woman who had just completed her thesis on what began as a study showing the harm of legalized prostitution. There is a brothel just on the outskirts of Reno. She went to it and was able to get a tour of the place, as well as interview several women who worked there.

After her visit and several interviews, she began comparing datasets of STDs from workers at brothels and one night stands. To her surprise, the brothels were significantly safer than having one night stands. The STD ratio was very lopsided toward one night stands.

All of the sex workers at that particular brothel were required to use contraception and get tested each week. The women also expressed to her that they had all been abused on the streets and that their only form of protection were their shady pimps. The brothels provided a safe place to work and even came with medical benefits.

She explained how her findings completely changed her long held belief that brothels were extremely harmful. It was a pretty cool conversation.

It's a pretty simple issue. Don't murder your own children - or any children for that matter.
Zygotes are not children. Embryos are not children. Barely developed fetuses are not children.

I trust a zealous "pro-lifer" such as yourself has adopted at least one child, or are you, like many anti-abortion folks, only interested prior to birth and then don't really care all that much after a baby is born.

Reactions: RHS_Cyclone
Zygotes are not children. Embryos are not children. Barely developed fetuses are not children.

I trust a zealous "pro-lifer" such as yourself has adopted at least one child, or are you, like many anti-abortion folks, only interested prior to birth and then don't really care all that much after a baby is born.
I'm currently in the process of adopting a child with significant developmental delays and medical complexity now, and I think life begins at conception.

you an your president Biden have about the same IQ

Reactions: HTHog
And I deleted those comments, as they should be. "typical of the mods now" is a strange comment considering we've had the same mods for several years now and I've modded the same way since Day 1.

Sensitive topics/posts are fine if people stay mature, if they don't, they will be deleted.

I wish I could say I appreciate that. I remember when this was a sports board. Political BS is for the Grim Bottom/FB/IG/etc.

Like the first part, not the second. Not all of one group are like minded in thought.

Are we talking about the case or no?

If no, sour cream and onion Pringle’s are so much better it hurts.

If yes, the weird shades of gray make this difficult to me. 11 weeks (doubtful to know in the first month) is a long time to decide something. The shades of gray that make me afraid of the absolutes are the cases where legit medical issues come in later that will harm mother or child. Potentially marking the choice between my wife or unborn child is not something I could fault someone for picking wife on, that’s an impossible choice.
This is the issue at its core, who am I to tell you what choice to make. Why do I have the right to tell you to pick your unborn child over your wife?

Who am I to tell you that your 14 year old daughter should be forced to carry a child regardless of how it got there, basically guaranteeing you to raise your daughter and her child. There is no easy answer that’s why I’ve never understood the need to involve ourselves in major life decisions that give me nightmares. You don’t agree, do it your way, I respect that, but it’s not my place to make that decision for other people. It’s just not

I wish I could say I appreciate that. I remember when this was a sports board. Political BS is for the Grim Bottom/FB/IG/etc.
I mean, it still is. This is one topic out of 30 or so on the front page. It will eventually get moved to the GB at about page 10 when people are issuing death threats. :D

Reactions: Shaquille.Oatm3al
I'm currently in the process of adopting a child with significant developmental delays and medical complexity now, and I think life begins at conception.
Good to know. It can be a long process but it's worth it. Nineteen years ago tomorrow my wife and I took custody of our adopted daughter (now 21), also with developmental delays and physical anomalies, and, although some challenges have arisen, we have never regretted the decision to adopt and love her and treat her the same as our biological children.

OP graciously put a *Political* disclaimer in the unambiguous thread title, so I assume you're a grown man btching that a bunch of other grown men are talking about topics that you don't prefer to talk about. Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for that, hot rod.

I mean, the elderly are a huge strain on the the health care system with appointments every week. I say we end everyone’s life at 70, sounds fair

I mean, it still is. This is one topic out of 30 or so on the front page. It will eventually get moved to the GB at about page 10 when people are issuing death threats. :D
All these users generating traffic and having fun with literally one dissenter. You caved to the pressure too early, Ponyboy.

OP graciously put a *Political* disclaimer in the unambiguous thread title, so I assume you're a grown man btching that a bunch of other grown men are talking about topics that you don't prefer to talk about. Excuse me if I don't shed a tear for that, hot rod.

I assumed he was mad about the disagreement over sun chip flavors.

Reactions: Michael Honcho
Grown men don’t make jokes about someones mom sucking their dick like you did. End of story, now on the GB like where it should have started.

And in true dem fashion, if you don’t like it, nobody can have it. Such a ****ed up way to live your life
I don't care about either side of the equation politically but all politics need to be here on the GB. I mean we have one poster who accused another of potential pedophilia so having to count on the mods to watch for that stuff wastes their time.

I don't care about either side of the equation politically but all politics need to be here on the GB. I mean we have one poster who accused another of potential pedophilia so having to count on the mods to watch for that stuff wastes their time.
He's being (mostly jokingly) accused of that because he said he wanted to "hollow out" the girls in another poster's avatar...who happen to be his underage daughters. Instead of reporting it like a btch, we're giving the guy a hard time for saying something fcked up - it's a way to bust his balls and not suck all the fun out of the room...like you're doing presently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT