ADVERTISEMENT

Cam Newton....

I Don't like Cam or Brady...
If your Man enough to run your mouth all season long at least finish with high character when things finally didn't go your way instead being an ass and running out.
Far as Brady... Even bigger cry baby.

Guess that makes me a Loser..... I'm cool with that.

I've got more of a problem with Cam Newton not diving for the ball after fumbling rather than the post game press conference.

Same here. The press conference wasn't great. But I understand being frustrated after a loss. I've had to buy a new PlayStation after losing in NCAA Football, so I'm not sure if handle losing the Super Bowl all that well.

The not jumping on the fumble though...That's rough.

the Auburn board is kind of crazy with a lot of fans attacking Cam and upsetting them :)

Reactions: Paul Loyd
I'm sorry, but Cam is still an immature little b---h. Forget about not taking his helmet off while shaking hands with Peyton. I don't really think that was disrespectful like some do. But he did not give an all-out effort during the game, he only gave one word answers (or no answer at all) in his interview, then walked out while wearing his hoodie the entire time. I was ready to admit he had finally grown up until tonight's antics. He has a long way to go before he proves himself to me.

Like I said a few weeks ago. Cam has alot to learn about being a professional. Dude needs to grow up and realize it ain't about Cam. It's about TEAM. He will win many championships, IF he puts the antics to bed, and focuses on the task at hand. Celebrating don't win you shvt.

Reactions: Paul Loyd
Like I said a few weeks ago. Cam has alot to learn about being a professional. Dude needs to grow up and realize it ain't about Cam. It's about TEAM. He will win many championships, IF he puts the antics to bed, and focuses on the task at hand. Celebrating don't win you shvt.
Well it won the NFC, no? There can only be one winner. Quit acting like they didn't win a game.

Same here. The press conference wasn't great. But I understand being frustrated after a loss. I've had to buy a new PlayStation after losing in NCAA Football, so I'm not sure if handle losing the Super Bowl all that well.

The not jumping on the fumble though...That's rough.
Exaxtly. A lot of fans that sit on their collective asses all day that don't put 1/100 of effort into anything as much as Cam does football. Let me ask all you guys bashing Cam, what charity work have you done this year? I'll hang up and listen.

Well it won the NFC, no? There can only be one winner. Quit acting like they didn't win a game.
Yeah, I'm sure he's satisfied with winning the NFC... When it comes to the pros, the Super bowl is the goal. You watch. When Cam stops acting like a child, THEN he will win a Super Bowl... but not before that.

I think its a good thing Cam and Carolina lost this game --if he had won this game I cannot imagine all the antics and craziest Batman and Superman moves we would have to endure next year. The whole team was getting insufferable, Hopefully, this will make him a little more respectful of the competition and not make everything about himself.

I had pulled for Seattle in their 1st Super Bowl but they were also getting into crazy antics and making absurd statements by the 2nd Super Bowl and feel it was a good thing they lost as well last year.

I have always felt regardless of your talent and ability to be humble and respectful.

They need to follow the example of great Razorbacks-- Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams. Yeah--I'm good but you will be the one to figure it out by my play and not by my antics or words.

Cam showed he is all about himself with no real heart. He proved that when he refused to dive on the fumble in the fourth quarter with the Super Bowl on the line.

Reactions: Bryant Hog fan
Cam deserves ridicule for leaving that conference early last night. Otherwise he is doing what he is supposed to do, marketing himself. You guys dogging on him, what charity work have you done? Who cares if he does it for the public eye or not it still means a lot to the fans especially the kids when he hands them footballs. I've had a passion for something like he does football and it absolutely hurts to lose. I've been there. I get it.

Cam deserves ridicule for leaving that conference early last night. Otherwise he is doing what he is supposed to do, marketing himself. You guys dogging on him, what charity work have you done? Who cares if he does it for the public eye or not it still means a lot to the fans especially the kids when he hands them footballs. I've had a passion for something like he does football and it absolutely hurts to lose. I've been there. I get it.
All pros do charity work. It doesnt represent hardly anything anymore.

Pride comes before the fall Mr. Newton. Welcome to the fall.

More than anything, it just still seems to be a bit of a maturity issue. I've seen him be humble during interviews...so he's no Pacman or Johnny Manziel...but he does some things that go from celebrating to irritating. He's incredibly talented and would probably serve himself well to come across as more humble in certain situations...but he's chosen a path that makes him a lightning rod, and that's not always a bad thing. As long as he can take the heat, more power to him. Not my style...but obviously, some love the swagger.

Reactions: redbackjack

Put yourself on a pedestal much? You really think others haven't lost an important GAME? And what does doing charity work have to do with having character? There are a lot of people that do 'charity' work just to create an image for themselves, have influence, or just to get their name on a building as their legacy. The true people of character do charity without the spotlight. And people DO NOT have to have lost a Super Bowl to be able to see the lack of character in others. I can only imagine you have experienced losing at something you are passionate about. Everyone has so don't use that as an excuse for you or him.

By the way, never liked Chris Carter but I especially don't now after he dutifully excused Cam's walking out of the PC. If it was anyone else he would have been saying C'mon Man! Show some class.

More than anything, it just still seems to be a bit of a maturity issue. I've seen him be humble during interviews...so he's no Pacman or Johnny Manziel...but he does some things that go from celebrating to irritating. He's incredibly talented and would probably serve himself well to come across as more humble in certain situations...but he's chosen a path that makes him a lightning rod, and that's not always a bad thing. As long as he can take the heat, more power to him. Not my style...but obviously, some love the swagger.
He can't take the heat though. He's proven that in the last few weeks by attempting to pin criticism of his antics on the field on the color of his skin.

Anyone else here one of the announcers say Cam would still be (paraphrasing) an elite quarterback if he couldnt run at all?

Anyone else believe this to be preposterous?

Put yourself on a pedestal much? You really think others haven't lost an important GAME? And what does doing charity work have to do with having character? There are a lot of people that do 'charity' work just to create an image for themselves, have influence, or just to get their name on a building as their legacy. The true people of character do charity without the spotlight. And people DO NOT have to have lost a Super Bowl to be able to see the lack of character in others. I can only imagine you have experienced losing at something you are passionate about. Everyone has so don't use that as an excuse for you or him.

By the way, never liked Chris Carter but I especially don't now after he dutifully excused Cam's walking out of the PC. If it was anyone else he would have been saying C'mon Man! Show some class.
I agree wholeheartedly. I've "lost" in my chosen career and had the humility and grace to act like a professional in spite of my feelings. Don't excuse this man storming off like a petulant child as passion. A grown man doesn't behave in that way.

Cam is all about the show, so what he runs over and gives a kid the ball when he scores, he does that just to make himself look good. He throws a little money to a charity he has millions. He is a self centered punk, always has been and always will be. I guarantee you a lot of people on this board give to charity or help kids. I always do angel trees at Christmas for instance, is it on the level of Cam Newton? no but I don't make millions of dollars. I have spent many hours coaching youth sports, is it on national TV making myself look good? no but it was giving back to kids. Everyone looks like a great person when everything is going their way, it is how you look in the face of adversity that shows your heart and soul and Cam showed his.

As I said last night, I like that he enjoys himself on the football field but when things don't go his way, he displays some shameful behavior.

As far as his off field charity work, it should be commended whether it's for his image or not. I somewhat understand the cynicism from fans, but he (like many other athletes) could choose to not do anything at all.

Cam is all about the show, so what he runs over and gives a kid the ball when he scores, he does that just to make himself look good. He throws a little money to a charity he has millions. He is a self centered punk, always has been and always will be. I guarantee you a lot of people on this board give to charity or help kids. I always do angel trees at Christmas for instance, is it on the level of Cam Newton? no but I don't make millions of dollars. I have spent many hours coaching youth sports, is it on national TV making myself look good? no but it was giving back to kids. Everyone looks like a great person when everything is going their way, it is how you look in the face of adversity that shows your heart and soul and Cam showed his.
I give a lot of my time and money to a charitable organization as well, but it doesn't give me the right to act any certain way in my professional life. Bottom line, if you're not setting a good example for children, who cares if you're handing out a football to one? This morning, I had the opportunity to discuss Cam's reaction to the loss with my son. We try very hard to teach our children to be humble in both victory and defeat. I'm very proud of this young man though as he explained to me that Mr. Newton was not losing like a winner.

Reactions: SpudM70
It's nice to see guys actually having fun playing the game. I welcome a new and different way of celebrating the game...just don't get too excessive with it though

Reactions: plezjr23
Great young QB. Possibly more talent than anybody who has played the position. Maybe even any position.

He showed how young he was last night. During the game and after the game. But, he will mature and I wouldn't bet against him.

I have friends in Charlotte and his support for the community is very real. Personally, I don't care if it's for publicity or not -- though they tell me there is a LOT he does that isn't seen.

He is at the forefront of a changing of the guard in the NFL. You might not like it or him, but he is 22-3 in his last 25 games. Will win a lot more games and 2-3 Super Bowls in my opinion.

And, I live in DC and there were 6 13 year old boys in my house wearing Cam Newton jerseys last night. Kids LOVE Cam.

I understand the Super man move where he pretends to open his shirt to show the S.
What is the move where he ducks his head and puts it under his elbow. Kind of like a bird putting its head under its wing. What is all that suppose to be?
Never heard it explained.

He just an immature guy. He is a great player but he has room to grow.

I understand the Super man move where he pretends to open his shirt to show the S.
What is the move where he ducks his head and puts it under his elbow. Kind of like a bird putting its head under its wing. What is all that suppose to be?
Never heard it explained.
It's the 'dab' farmer! Come on now... Even Betty White is doing it now.

I love how much everyone hates him. He's a great player, does more off the field than anyone, and plays with more passion than anyone. He absolutely deserves criticism for the press conference and the handling of the fumble, but he will grow from that. You guys criticizing him on a personal level are clowns, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
Kinda hard to give a legit interview when the winning team is celebrating right behind you separated by only a thin black curtain. Lol

Reactions: plezjr23
It's the 'dab' farmer! Come on now... Even Betty White is doing it now.
Oh I've done it before--I just didn't know what I was doing. It was so funny when the old coach in ACC retired this year add he was doing it in the locker room. The guys were roaring.

Do its just the "dab"--Not a Batman move or anything?

He is at the forefront of a changing of the guard in the NFL. You might not like it or him, but he is 22-3 in his last 25 games. Will win a lot more games and 2-3 Super Bowls in my opinion.

17-2 is a great accomplishment, but they did play one of the weakest schedules in NFL history this season. As long as Riverboat Ron is running the show, they will never win a Super Bowl.

I love how much everyone hates him. He's a great player, does more off the field than anyone
Have you ever been to Indianapolis? Manning donated an estimated $50 million for the children's hospital named after him. I'll say that prior to last night, I liked cam more as a pro than in college. But to say that he does more off the field than anyone is foolish.
defender-direct-peyton-manning-childrens-hospital1059-1-638.jpg

Reactions: 1-1-Six Hog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT